Sermon Application Questions 1.25.14
Preaching: Rob Nash
Pray for grace through application of God’s word
Review any message notes
1. What are the two parameters of prayer according to Matthew 6:5-8
2. What are reasons people pray?
3. Jesus takes issue with hypocrites and their prayer for the praise of people (v. 5). How might this look in your life?
4. Jesus’ solution is to pray in private. What is the joy and hope of our prayers in private?
5. Jesus also takes issue with empty phrases of the Gentiles (v. 7). How do you grow in your understanding of God?
6. Do you have any other observations from the text concerning who Jesus is, who God is, and who we are?
Don’t feel like you have to get through all these questions. Conclude your time of reflection with prayer.