Sermon Application Questions:
“The Man Who Heals and Forgives”
Preaching: Jeff Dryden
1. Read the passage.
2. Authority can be a hard word. It can seem tyrannical, old fashioned, or harsh. For some of us we have no problem with the word. Would you describe yourself as compliant or resistant to authority?
3. In this passage how does Jesus have authority?
4. Is there a place in your life that is difficult to submit to God’s authority? What is it?
5. Submission is easier when you think you are going to get a need or desire met. This week what is one of your needs or desires?
6. In your own words what is your greatest need?
7. When we need something, really need something, we are willing to go to great lengths to get it. The four friends of the paralytic believed Jesus could heal. Their friend needed healing. They had faith for their friend. Who might you bring to Jesus this week by faith? What would that look like?