Sermon Application Questions:
“The Church is Real Family”
Pray for Grace through application of God’s word
Review the message notes
Read Romans 8:15-17, John 13:34-35, Hebrews 10:24-25, Galatians 6:1-5
1. Jeff quoted Pastor Mark Dever saying: “Wanna know if you are a Christian? Do you want to know that your new life is real? Commit yourself to a local group of saved sinners. Try to love them. Don’t just do it for three weeks. Don’t just do it for six months. Do it for years. And I think you’ll find out, and others will too, whether or not you love God. The truth will show itself….If you do not live a life marked by love toward others, the Bible has no encouragement for you to think that you’re a Christian.”
2. What do you think of that quote?
3. Family’s don’t always get along. Is there anyone who is hard for you to love in God’s family? What might the Lord say to you about that in light of what we learned about?
4. Love can be tough. It can include encouragement and correction. When was the last time you encouraged someone? When was the last time you corrected someone? What is harder for you to do and how are we to love in these ways? (Hebrews 3:12-13, 10:24-25, Galatians 6:1-2)
5. What should you ask God to change in you in light of the reality that church is about a family not a building?