Application Questions for Matthew 6:14-15
by Pastor Mike Bettig
1. What is the difference between Judicial Forgiveness and Relational Forgiveness (Remember the marriage illustration)
2. As followers of Jesus Christ, what is our identity? And why is our identity important in understanding the “Kingdom of Heaven,” which is found through out the book Matthew, and specifically in the Lord’s Prayer?
3. Talk with your group about what it cost for God to forgive us. (Make a list, see how many you can come up with)
4. What will it cost for you to forgive?
5. Is there a person you find difficult to forgive? Spend sometime in prayer…What do you think God’s wants to show you, or speak to you in your struggle to forgive?
He came to my desk, with a quivering lip
The lesson was done.
Have you a new leaf for me, teacher.
I have spoiled this one
I took his leaf, all soiled and blotted
And gave him a new one, all unspotted.
Then into his troubled heart I smiled,
“Do better now my child.”
The day was done.
Have you a new day for me, Father
I have spoiled this one.
He took my day, all soiled and blotted
And gave me a new one, all unspotted
And into my troubled heart He smiled,
“Do better now, my child.”
To prepare for this weeks sermon read Luke 24.