Preaching: Jeff Dryden
Do You Want To Be Healed
Pray for grace through application of God’s word
Review the message notes
1. Read the passage
2. How would you describe yourself?
3. Where might God want to heal you or help you?
4. Deep down what is the struggle the man at the pool? Why might Jesus have asked if the man wanted to be healed?
5. Jesus’ response pushes not only the man who was not well, but also the religious leadership who did not like their rules of rest messed with. What are they holding on to do you think?
6. What is the point of the Sabbath? (Read Exodus 20:8-11, Deuteronomy 5:12-15, Mark 2:27, Colossians 2:16-17
7. How can you honor God with rest and obedience and not make an idol out of a day?
Next Week: Read John 5:19-29